Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Phew that was close

This afternoon was one of those, you know the kind where you just have to get down on your knees and thank your Heavenly Father for the blessings that he gives you! So let me start by saying that I am extremely blessed, this morning everything was just fine, other than Sam turning on my flat iron and burning the crap out of his thumb, oh yeah and me having to go to the dentist and get two cavities filled it was actually turning out to be a pretty nice day, then this afternoon I get a call from David saying "well I just survived my first lay off" and for a second my heart stopped all I had heard was "lay off" and that usually means looking for a job in our house. I said "wait what you still have a job"? The relief was unimaginable we usually don't get so lucky with lay offs David is usually the first to go because of the fact that he is usually on contract which means he is not really a "employee" and so the saying goes "last one hired, first one fired". We were very lucky, he was the only one kept from his entire department besides the department manager, I guess some of the developers really went to bat for him and really pushed for him to stay, what great men! The computer industry is really up and down right now and we are one of the fortunate ones that are still employed, and so I say again it is one of those moments that I know that our Heavenly Father was watching over us! Unfortunately this all means that our Disneyland trip is off, maybe for just a month, maybe longer. We had planned to take the 10-19 off for vacation but because David is the only one there he just cannot take the time, he will be putting in a lot of hours, working saturdays and pushing to test all that he can hand keep on impressing them so if there is more layoffs to come they will hopefully see that he is really putting in the effort to prove to them they made a good decision in keeping him. I am really disappointed that we will not be able to go, but I am extremely proud of my husband for doing what he knows needs to be done to do his job right. And thank my Heavenly Father for all the blessings that he continues to pour down upon us.

No comments: